Project internship placements
The GO Lab offers paid short-term internship placements to Master and DPhil students within and outside the University. Placements can be 2-8 weeks in duration and there will be opportunities to support on a variety of aspects of the Lab’s work. We are looking for interns to start from September 2018 onwards. Projects will be decided by matching each applicant’s skills, experience and interests to the ongoing workstreams of the Lab. Examples of possible projects might include:
- Synthesis and translation of the research of the GO Lab and others for a practitioner and policymaker audience, and communicating of this to key external audiences through traditional and social media channels.
- Contributing towards research work, including literature reviews and secondary research to contribute to research hypothesis, and data collection and analysis around the GO Lab’s areas of primary research.
- Assisting with practitioner engagement work, including researching and compiling examples of innovative commissioning practice and local government service delivery in the UK, and translating meaningful research for the practitioner audience.
Projects will be planned in conjunction with candidates, who will have a considerable opportunity to shape the work.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a keen interest in furthering the GO Lab’s mission to establish ourselves as the world leading centre for the thinking and practice of innovative outcome based commissioning;
- Have interests overlapping with the GO Lab e.g. public services that tackle complex social issues, Social Impact Bonds, public commissioning / contracting, or related areas;
- Are curious and open-minded;
- Are prepared to work closely with others in a small, dynamic and collaborative team, and to work intensively with a focus on impact;
- Bring skills, backgrounds or perspectives that complement the existing team e.g. from other sectors or nationalities.
A stipend will be offered to successful candidates in line with their experience and the nature of the work agreed.
To apply, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the work of the GO Lab, how you think you can contribute to our work, and what you would like to get out of the project.
These should be sent to email@example.com at least 8 weeks prior to the desired start of the project. Please remember to include in your application the proposed start date and duration for the internship.